Procurement Manager (CIPS quals) - Permanent
Haverhill - £40K
Monday - Friday - 37.5 hour week
This is a great opportunity to join our client who is an extremely well-established and successful manufacturing company based in Haverhill. You report to The Operations Director and have responsibility for the Buyer and Purchasing Assistant. AS Procurement Manager you will need CIPS qualification and have the full spectrum of procurement experience. The main aim of the role is Management of the Procurement function to provide, timely and cost-effective procurement to appropriate quality requirements and to support the needs of the business and its customers. It's a varied role that also offers stability a great working environment and a good benefits package.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Manage the Procurement function, including direct management of the Buyer and Purchasing Assistant.
- Manage and develop supplier relationship management with key partners, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and commercial terms.
- Evaluating and monitoring supplier and subcontractor performance, including cost, quality, delivery and service. Ensure compliance with ISO accreditation, Ethical Trading Policy, and GDPR regulations.
- Timely and accurate update of KPIs and other reports, including a monthly Procurement Update report for the Operations Director.
- Identification and realisation of cost reduction opportunities within the supply chain.
- Working with cross-functional teams to deliver specific projects.
- Provide prompt price and delivery information as requested by the Sales Team.
- Maintaining price exceptions, and informing the business of cost movements.
- Buying stock and indirect requirements.
- Progressing Purchase orders.
- Process invoice queries.
- Sourcing parts and services.
- Managing the Purchase Order Book to accurately detail cash requirements.
- Sourcing agency staff for ad-hoc projects.
- Manage Import and Export processes. Determination of duty rates and tariff codes.
- Managing the obsolete stock disposal process, including eBay and WEEE recycling.
- Manage the operation of the Company's vehicle fleet.
- To provide and manage an effective Hotel and Travel booking system.
- Manage the company's mobile communications provision.
- Establish and manage an effective Warranty Returns process.
- Develop the ERP system to suit the needs of the Procurement function, without negatively affecting other functions within the business.
- CIPS Qualification
- Full Spectrum of Procurement Management skills
- Previous Management experience
- Good negotiating skills
- Working to KPI's
- Excellent customer service
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Working to ISO requirements
- Competitive Salary of £40K
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Pensions Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Length of service award scheme
- Fun company social events
Apply NOW so you don't miss out. Applications are being screened by 1st Stop Recruitment Ltd.